Golf is a game of etiquette for both players and spectators. Please observe these guidelines to ensure the best possible experience for everyone.
Mobile Device Policy at the CIMB Classic
Fans attending the CIMB Classic are allowed to bring their mobile phones onsite and may be used at designated areas only. Out of respect for the players and fellow fans, please adhere to the following:
- Devices must be on silent at all times; flash may not be used.
- Devices may be used to capture video, audio and photos (content) in all areas throughout the tournament week.
- Content may be used for personal purposes (e.g., personal social media); no commercial use.
- No live streaming or real-time coverage (e.g., no shot-by-shot coverage).
- Data use (e.g., texting) is permitted in all areas throughout tournament week.
- Phone calls are allowed only in designated areas.
- Please be respectful of play and do not interfere with players, caddies or media.
- All posted signage and instructions from tournament staff must be observed.
- Failure to comply with this policy may result in the revocation of your ticket.
In an effort to create the best environment for the competition, the players and all spectators, the following items will not be allowed at the venue. Please leave these items at home or in your vehicle. Please be prepared to submit yourself and your personal items for inspection.
NOTE: If you are found to have a prohibited item in your possession, you will be required to keep it in your car.
- Cameras and video recorders
- Signs or banners
- Step ladders
- Weapons of any kind
- Food or beverages
Tips for Spectators
The following suggestions will ensure you have the most enjoyable experience possible:
- Please do not ask for autographs prior to or during competition. There will be a designated autograph zone located on the pathway next to the #18 hole.
- Please stay behind the gallery ropes and cooperate with the marshals' directions.
- Please remain quiet and still throughout each shot until each player in the group has played.
- Please watch your step and walk carefully. Running is prohibited on the golf course.
- Daily drawsheets will be available at the Ticketing Counter and Spectator Information desk.
Inclement Weather Policy
Observe the leaderboards throughout the golf course for "Weather Warning" signs that will appear prior to inclement weather moving into the area. When this sign appears, spectators are advised to take precaution PRIOR to play being suspended. If the siren sounds, seek shelter immediately. Remember, lighting is arbitrary, random and unpredictable – it can cause extreme or fatal injury.
Here are some precautions you can take if you are caught on the golf course in a lightning storm:
- Avoid open areas, high ground and isolated trees
- Avoid water (swimming pools, lakes, ponds, rivers), beaches, and boats
- Seek shelter inside a building or in a nearby automobile, but NOT a convertible or golf cart
- Stay away from doors, windows, and metal objects (such as pipes, faucets, or metal fencing)
- Avoid contact with electrical devices or metal (including some golf clubs, umbrellas, golf carts, etc.)
- Do not lean against concrete walls