Golf is a game of etiquette for both players and spectators. Please observe these guidelines to ensure the best possible experience for everyone.
Mobile Device Policy at the CIMB Classic
Fans attending the CIMB Classic are allowed to use their mobile devices on-site. Out of respect for the players and fellow spectators, and to prevent causing distraction to the players, please adhere to the following rules:
- Device must be on silent at all times
- Devices may not be used to capture audio/video at any time during tournament week
- Thursday through Sunday: NO PHOTOS OF PLAYERS AS THEY EXECUTE A GOLF SHOT WITHIN ANY COMPETITION AREA
- Still photography in all other areas is permitted
- At all times and places, you must refrain from taking photos if requested by tournament staff, security personnel, players, or player representatives
- Device usage is not permitted when players are in position to compete (i.e., when QUIET PLEASE paddles are raised)
- Violation of these rules will result in the confiscation of your mobile device or you may be required to exit the grounds.
In an effort to create the best environment for the competition, the players and all spectators, the following items will not be allowed at the venue. Please leave these items at home or in your vehicle. Please be prepared to submit yourself and your personal items for inspection.
NOTE: If you are found to have a prohibited item in your possession, you will be required to keep it in your car.
- Cameras and video recorders
- Signs or banners
- Step ladders
- Weapons of any kind
- Food or beverages
Tips for Spectators
The following suggestions will ensure you have the most enjoyable experience possible:
- Please do not ask for autographs prior to or during competition. There will be a designated autograph zone located on the pathway next to the #18 hole.
- Please stay behind the gallery ropes and cooperate with the marshals' directions.
- Please remain quiet and still throughout each shot until each player in the group has played.
- Please watch your step and walk carefully. Running is prohibited on the golf course.
- Daily drawsheets will be available at the Ticketing Counter and Spectator Information desk.
Inclement Weather Policy
Observe the leaderboards throughout the golf course for "Weather Warning" signs that will appear prior to inclement weather moving into the area. When this sign appears, spectators are advised to take precaution PRIOR to play being suspended. If the siren sounds, seek shelter immediately. Remember, lighting is arbitrary, random and unpredictable – it can cause extreme or fatal injury.
Here are some precautions you can take if you are caught on the golf course in a lightning storm:
- Avoid open areas, high ground and isolated trees
- Avoid water (swimming pools, lakes, ponds, rivers), beaches, and boats
- Seek shelter inside a building or in a nearby automobile, but NOT a convertible or golf cart
- Stay away from doors, windows, and metal objects (such as pipes, faucets, or metal fencing)
- Avoid contact with electrical devices or metal (including some golf clubs, umbrellas, golf carts, etc.)
- Do not lean against concrete walls